Sonoran LP SB Single Cutaway "White Mahogany"
This particular instrument is the first instrument we built in 2015 when we started “JFP Guitars”.
It is a handmade Sonoran LP SB Single Cutaway made from a re-cycled Epiphone "Les Paul Special" body combined with our own handmade neck and using high quality hardware.
Our luthier, John Purchase, knew it as "Blackie" and used it as his personal instrument for several years. Hence, this "used" instrument does have a few small signs of wear and, therefore, is being made available at a special low bargain price even though it has an excellent tone, sustain and action comparable to our regular brand new offerings.
This clone of a Les Paul Special is a great way for beginners to get started on guitar while getting the feel and tone of a more expensive models!
The specifications are:
- 8 pounds 6 ounces
- Solid White Mahogany body, Maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard, 24.75 inch Gibson scale length, compound radius 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 inch
- Nitrocellulose black lacquer neck, headstock and body; oiled fingerboard and headstock face plate
- Bolt-on neck
- Gotoh tuners
- Gotoh tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece
- Stewart MacDonald "Golden Age" Over-wound Humbuckers
- Inspired by the legendary pickups of the '50s
- Alnico 5 magnets give that warm classic tone
- AWG43 coils are wound on black bobbins, fabric-taped, mounted on a brass baseplate, and wax-potted for microphonic suppression
- Coils are overwound to 12K ohms for high output, powerful midrange and driving tone
- 3 way selector switch: neck (“rhythm”), bridge plus neck, bridge (“treble”)
- Common volume and tone controls for neck and bridge
- “ZeroGLIDE” nut
- Borrows the "zero fret" concept to reduce string contact in the nut by up to 93%
- Increases tuning stability, playability, and open string tone Dual action truss rod
- D’Addario EXL115 nickel wound 11 / 49 strings
- Grover quick-release strap pins and woven Strap.
- "Epiphone" LP gig bag.
Sale price: $800 plus tax and shipping