Sonoran Hybrid Double Cutaway: "Big Red"
This particular instrument is a beautiful looking and great sounding Sonoran Hybrid double cut-away model with a tremolo. The specifications are:
- Ash body and Maple neck.
- Rosewood fingerboard, 25.5 inch Fender scale length, compound radius 10/12/14/16.
- Bolt-on neck.
- KTM-9 clear lacquer neck and KTM-9 red lacquer body; oiled fingerboard.
- Gotoh Wilkinson tremolo; the tremolo is set up to be fully floating so you can generate both up and down tremolos but pulling or pushing the arm.
- Gotoh locking tuners.
- Stewart MacDonald "Golden Age" humbuckers (neck A/B, bridge C/D); i.e. each humbucker has two coils, an inner B or C and an outer A or D.
- 5-way selector switch (A + B, A + D, B + C, B + C, C + D), i.e. the switch connects the humbucker coils as follows:
- Position 1 (rearward): neck pickup
- Position 2: outer coils in parallel
- Position 3; inner coils in parallel
- Position 4: inner coils in series
- Position 5 (forward): bridge pickup
- This provides a variety of sounds from the pickups
- Common volume and push/pull tone controls; the tone control can be switched between two different tone responses by pushing / pulling the control knob.
- Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nuts; TUSQ XL® is impregnated with Teflon® (500% more slippery than graphite). During tremolo bends, the strings slide in the slots, returning to accurate pitch.
- Dual action truss rod.
- D’Addario EXL115 nickel wound 11 / 49 strings.