This particular instrument has a checkered history:
- It is the second instrument we built when we started our "guitar building hobby"
- It is a handmade Sonoran SB LP Single Cutaway with edge binding on the top plate, and it used a ready-made body from China with our own handmade neck
- Originally this instrument was made with a mahogany set neck but after several months of use the neck twisted and could not be corrected
- Therefore, this neck was cut off for expediency and replaced with a bolt-on Maple neck
- However, we were never happy with the bolt-on neck modification so this year we decided to revert to a set neck, but in Maple rather than Mahogany
- The neck was also reworked to make it thinner
- Two detail photos, below, show the neck attachment area and the filled-in bolt-on screw holes are visible on one
- Therefore, this reworked instrument is being made available at a particularly low price even though it has an excellent tone, sustain and action comparable to our regular offerings.
The specifications are:
- 8 pounds 14 ounces.
- Solid body.
- African Mahogany body, Maple faceplate with edge binding, Maple neck.
- Rosewood fingerboard, 24 9/16 inch Gibson scale length, contoured 12 inch
- Neck thickness, not including fret: 0.80" at 1st fret, 0.88" at 6th fret, 1.03" at 12th fret
- Nitrocellulose clear lacquer neck, body and face plate; oiled fingerboard.
- Set neck.
- Grover tuners
- Gotoh tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece.
- Stewart MacDonald "Golden Age" humbuckers.
- 3 way selector switch: neck (“rhythm”), bridge plus neck, bridge (“treble”).
- Separate volume and tone controls for neck and bridge.
- Unbleached bone nut.
- Dual action truss rod.
- D’Addario EXL110 nickel wound 10 / 46 strings.
- Grover quick-release strap pins and black woven Strap.
- Snark clip-on tuning indicator.
- ChromaCast LP gig bag.
Sale Price: $400 plus tax and shipping
Sonoran SB LP Single Cutaway: "Maple / Mahogany"