Sonoran LP SHB Double Cutaway: "Black Limba"
This particular instrument is a handmade Sonoran LP SHB Double Cutaway with stunning appearance, low weight, beautiful tone and excellent sustain . The specifications are:
- 7 pounds 10 ounces.
- Semi-Hollow body.
- African Black Limba body and faceplate, Maple neck.
- Rosewood fingerboard, 24 9/16 inch Gibson scale length, contoured 12 inch.
- General Finishes water based clear lacquer neck, body and face plate.
- Set neck.
- Gotoh tuners.
- Gotoh tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece.
- Stewart MacDonald "Golden Age" Parsons Street Humbuckers
- Exceptional humbuckers in tribute to the famous Kalamazoo address where the holy grail of pickups, the legendary P.A.F. (Patent Applied For), was born.
- Alnico 2 for warm tone with smooth highs and a soft bottom response for neck pickup.
- Alnico 5 produces a clear tone with more pronounced highs and a tighter low end for bridge pickup.
- 3 way selector switch: neck (“rhythm”), bridge plus neck, bridge (“treble”).
- Separate volume and tone controls for neck and bridge.
- Unbleached bone nut.
- Dual action truss rod.
- D’Addario NYXL nickel wound 12 / 54 strings.