Sonoran LP SHB Single Cutaway: "Canary Wood / Cherry"
This particular instrument is a handmade Sonoran SHB LP Single Cutaway with a Cherry body, Canary Wood faceplate, and Mahogany neck. The neck uses a ready-made Chinese (yinfente-music) unfinished product with edge binding and white abalone block inlay.
This instrument has an excellent tone, sustain and action comparable to our other offerings.
The specifications are:
- 7 pounds 4 ounces
- Semi-Hollow body
- Cherry wood body with Canary Wood faceplate, Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard, 24 5/8 inch Gibson scale length, contoured 12 inch
- Neck thickness, not including fret: 0.96" at 1st fret, 1.06" at 6th fret, 1.18" at 12th fret
- General Products water-based clear lacquer neck, body and face plate; oiled finger board
- Set neck
- Gotoh tuners
- Gotoh tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece.
- Stewart MacDonald "Golden Age Overwound" pickups
- Alnico 5 magnets, but overwound to 12K ohms for high output, powerful midrange and driving tone
- The AWG43 coils are wound on fabric-taped bobbins, mounted on a brass baseplate, and wax-potted for microphonic suppression.
- 3 way selector switch: neck (“rhythm”), bridge plus neck, bridge (“treble”)
- Separate volume and tone controls for neck and bridge
- "ZeroGLIDE" nut
- Single action truss rod
- D’Addario EXL110 nickel wound 10 / 46 strings